Tree Maintenance Features
It’s no secret: trees and well-kept landscapes make the places we live, work, and play, more attractive. It’s been proven that well maintained, healthy, beautiful trees directly affects homeowners’ property values and that healthy trees can increase retail spending from 9 to 12 percent.
Earthcare Landscape Services is committed to providing experienced and safety-conscious residential and commercial tree services. Earthcare can care for your trees through all stages of its life from planting to trimming, pruning, transplanting, and up to total removal. Earthcare consults with a professional arborist who has the practical experience and knowledge related to all aspects of tree care including, but not limited to, tree selection, proper trimming procedures, safe tree removal, and identifying and treating diseased trees. Allow us to help you maximize the value of the trees on your property with our
Tree Care Services which include:
- Tree Trimming
- Tree Pruning
- Tree and Palm Removal
- Stump Removal and Grinding
- Palm Thinning
- Emergency Tree Service
Tree Trimming and Tree Pruning are an essential part of maintaining the health and beauty of your trees. It also acts as a safety precaution to minimize the liability from falling branches (and fruit, e.g. Coconuts) – a hazard for people and potential damage to your property. Earthcare’s Tree Care Services helps guard against the irreparable damage caused by underqualified tree cutting services that can leave trees susceptible to rotting, insect infestation, and disease.
Tree and Palm Removal is a job that should be left to the experts.
Earthcare partners with tree removal specialists who have formal training to ensure all of our team members have the knowledge and skills to safely remove trees, palms, and dangerous branches from your property. If the decision has been made to remove a diseased, dying, or oversized tree or palm, rest assured that Earthcare has the qualified people to remove them without extensive damage to your property.
Stump Removal & Grinding is an arboriculturally appropriate method for ridding your yard of any unwelcome stumps. If your landscaping consists of mindfully placed shrubbery and flowers, a stump is an eyesore which draws the attention away from your beautifully maintained yard. Stumps should also be removed to:
- Avoid potential trip hazards – the roots and base of a stump can easily go unnoticed while someone is walking in your yard increasing the risk of injury.
- Prevent the possibility of pests – Stumps are a perfect home for termites, fungi, and other unwanted pests to thrive. Once these unwanted guests move in, it can be very difficult to remove from your landscaping or even worse, your home.
- Repurpose the area – once the unwanted stump has been removed, you have a new area to design with landscaping in its place.
Palm Thinning should occur yearly depending on the species of your Palms.
Earthcare will identify your palm tree species and recommend an ideal trimming month for optimal health. We will also evaluate the current state of your palm, including what parts need trimming. Earthcare is mindful when pruning your palms. Cutting back the foliage reduces the amount of sunlight your palm is able to absorb to make food, which means over-pruning can starve your tree. Clues that you may need palm thinning:
- Warmer weather on the horizon? Palm Thinning is ideal in the late spring, but not the dead of summer.
- Are your palms growing fruit or flowers? These might look nice, but they can also provide food and shelter for pests. Plus, they’re a great way to invite wind damage.
- Your palm has old and dead fronds which can actually harbor pests.
Earthcare’s Emergency Tree Services are crucial for when you suspect a tree or Palm poses an imminent threat to your loved ones, home, powerlines, and/or roadway access. Evidence that you need Emergency Tree Services:
- Large Tree limbs over your home
- Trees or Palms that have fallen onto roadways and/or driveways
- Tree or Palm debris blocking roadways and/or driveways
- Tree Limbs or Palm Fronds nearing power lines
- Uprooting and/or leaning Trees
Being in the Subtropics, tree emergencies are typically the result of severe weather like heavy rain or Hurricanes. When the threat of a hurricane arises, storm preparedness is the key to minimizing damage and expediting cleanup efforts. To provide you with peace of mind and assure that you’re in good hands, consider authorizing a Storm Cleanup Pre-Approval at your residence or commercial property.
What is the difference between Tree Trimming and Tree Pruning?
Tree trimming supports healthy growth of your trees, shrubs, and hedges. Trimming drastically improves the appearance of the tree by changing the overall shape of a tree. Focus is on removal of green shoots, which helps encourage healthier growth overall. Some of the reasons you may want to change the shape of a tree are:
- To correct an unbalanced canopy that may cause the tree to fall
- To adjust a tree’s proximity to power lines
- To eliminate low hanging branches
- To manicure unruly hedges
Tree Pruning helps keep unwanted growth in check. It also promotes the overall
health of your trees by removing roots and unnecessary, dead, or diseased
branches. Neglecting dead or diseased branches can spread infection and
cause irreversible damage to your trees. Consider Pruning your trees if:
- There are branches growing in the wrong direction
- Branches are growing towards electrical utility wires or structures
- There are dead branches or evidence of disease
What equipment will be used?
If you are in need of pruning, hand or lopping shears are often the first choice. These shears are typically strong enough to cut through thin branches. For thick branches, a saw may be required. If tree trimming is necessary, shears, trimmers, and saws are utilized to provide tremendous results and healthier growth overall.
Are you scheduled to have a stump removed? A stump grinder will chew away at the stump that’s left after a tree has been cut down. Its powerful, rotating blade rips into the wood, reducing the wood into chips. Using a stump grinder takes the stump down to below ground level. This means that once the stump is gone, there is no chance that the tree will try to grow back