We challenge ourselves to think outside the box to develop and create innovative solutions for every customer.
Landscape Design involves the planning, design, management, and nurturing of constructed and natural environments. Our team’s unique skill set, aims to improve human and environmental health by creating memorable places to live, work, and play.Earthcare’s step-by-step method considers the environmental conditions, your desires, and the elements and principles of design. The goal is to organize and enhance the existing natural and man-made features in your outdoor space into an aesthetic, functional, and environmentally sustainable landscape.
The Design Process
Examine & Analyze
This first step is crucial in the successful outcome of your Landscape Design Project. Our team will determine your property’s existing plant, tree, and palm species, as well as, evaluate the soil, drainage, and climate conditions (such as temperature, humidity, rain, wind, and sunlight).
Requirements vs Desires
Our team will take the time to inquire about how your outdoor spaces will be used. We will establish a theme for the form and style of your design when you answer the following questions:
- How do you currently use your outdoor space?
- What changes would improve the usability of your outdoor space?
- What do you envision for the final outcome?
- What is your preference for maintenance?
- What budget are you comfortable with?
Determine the Form and Theme
- Form: We will create spaces for your desired activities. After careful examination of the shape of your home and the boundaries of your property, we will be able to determine the best shape and layout for your landscape design. Common layouts use a combination of geometric shapes (such as circles, squares, rectangles) and irregular naturalistic shapes.
- Theme: Quality Landscape Design should have a sense of place. Our experts will choose appropriate themes for your yard based on the architecture of your home, the aesthetic of the neighborhood, the topography, and the regional landscapes. Careful examination of the surrounding views of your property will be made to determine the amount of privacy you desire and what features you would like to keep visible. In other words, would you want your outdoor space to enclose around you and relate mostly to the house, or would you prefer more open views that highlight certain surroundings?
Plant types are chosen for their functional capabilities so that their future purpose and required space can be accounted for during the design phase.We can guarantee that the plants selected for your Landscape Design will satisfy your eye as well as organize and define the different areas for your new outdoor space. The size, form, and texture (density) are the leading characteristics that determine how the plants, trees, shrubs, and groundcovers can be utilized to create functional and organized microclimates. Plants can modify the amount of light, the temperature, humidity, and can reduce noise and odor. If wanting to increase privacy and safety; fences, walls, and plant hedges are excellent options for view blocking and accessibility to particular areas in your outdoor space.
Showcase Focal Points
It’s a known fact that contrasting texture, shape, size and color will capture and hold the eye. Each individual focal point depends on the viewing perspective.Your Landscape Design will include points of visual interest highlighted by stunning plants, structures, statues, garden ornaments and water features.
Whether you are looking for a Landscape contractor for a complete design and installation or just wanting to redesign a certain outdoor living space we would love the opportunity to meet and discuss your next project. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation.